Oracle releases InForm 7.0 with long-awaited new functionality within the Electronic Data Capture System. One area that Oracle improved InForm is in Authentication.
Federation authentication with multiple Identity Providers (IDP) is now supported for all your InForm 7.0 SSO studies for all users.
If Federation authentication is setup up and your users have their own Identify Providers (IDP) accounts such as ExoStar or Microsoft Azure, they can log into InForm with credentials of either their Federated credentials or their Oracle Health Sciences IAMS single sign-on credentials. This requires the users to one-time link their Federated account with their Health Sciences IAMS account beforehand.
Sponsor users can:
• Access Cognos Reporting from InForm to run Standard Reports while logged in with their federated credentials.
• Users can still log into InForm with IAMS credentials and access Cognos Reporting.
• Users can still log into Cognos URL with IAMS credentials and run Ad-hoc reports.
• Users cannot log into Cognos URL with federated credentials.
• Login to DECS with their federated credentials. Timeouts will work in DECS when logged in with their federated credentials.
Site users can:
• Log into InForm with their federated credentials from a different IDP than the sponsors use for the same study.
• Sign forms and case report books with their Federated credentials or with their Oracle Health Sciences IAMS single sign-on credentials.
• Use CRF Submit functionality while logged into InForm with their Federated credentials.
Note: Federation authentication can be adopted for SSO studies that are migrated to InForm 7.0.
In previous releases, Federation authentication was only supported for site users and was not available for use with Cognos Reporting.
The InForm EDC platform is renowned for its trusted performance and scalability. The software receives outstanding reviews and is viewed as one of the industry’s best. InForm EDC simplifies data collection, aggregation, and analytics. InForm EDC has more successful submissions to the FDA than any other EDC system- including Medidata Rave. InForm EDC is one of the leading clinical trial software that integrates with our certified coding application Eclipse Coding. The development as a hosted solution reduces hardware cost, validation efforts and organizational impact. With a full suite of reporting and transfer features, the InForm EDC provides you with everything you need to run a clinical research study from setup to submission.